Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 17

 This morning we had some very special future homesteaders visit us for some singing.  We did our best with Eddie Coucha, Baby Shark, the Llama song... and a little gibberish!  Early beZerk looked like a whole bunch of homesteaders trying to meet deadlines.  And that, is basically what happened.  In the midst of building houses and doing jobs, and creating furniture and building mini fair attractions, I kept seeing small groups of homesteaders congregating and whispering.  These kids are up to something, I can't seem to get close enough to find out what.  Perhaps all will be revealed tomorrow?

During lunch the town had a trial over the unfair dismissal of a bank employee.  Jim played judge, jury, and executioner.  I tried very hard to follow the trial and take good notes but, but, but.... I did not manage.  This is what I got:
Jim- "Sarah, stand with your lawyer; G'lant, stand with your lawyer."
G'lant- "What's a doyler?"
Jim- "Stand again.  JohnB, stand, hop on one leg, sit.  Sarah, stand.  What say you?"
Sarah- "He [points toward G'lant] fired me for no apparent reason."
G'lant- "Objection!"
Jim- "Shert urp!"
Emily- "We were told she [points to Sarah] was a government spy."
G'lant- "I call my first witness."
Jim- "Shert urp!  JohnB, sternd urp and splen yurseff"
JohnB- "Age 24, I like chicken..."
Jim- "Splen prsscution."
JohnB- "I believe she is 10 years old, I don't know her favorite animals.."
[arguing]
Jim- "Shert urp!  I will purt ferns on you.  Splen the persecution"
JohnB- "Oooo, cherries!  Mmmmm!  I believe G'lant has no official witness."
Jim- "Derferndent"
G'lant- "I call my first witness."
Jim- "Shert urp!"
Emily- "Can I call my fourth witness?  Pretty much so yeah and it's up to the banker to hire employees.  She had no training.... (long and confusing rant follows)"
Jim- "Sarah, wers it yur ferst der at ther bernk?"
Sarah- "Yes."
Jim- "Mmmrrmmm rrmmmmrm terning inverled."
Emily- "If it hadn't been heard that she was a spy, she wouldn't have been fired."
JohnB- "My client says that she... ooooo... I forgot what I was going to say.  Give me some time to think."
Emily- "My fourth witness: Summer told Boris that Sarah and John B were working for the government.  Why would JohnB be Sarah's lawyer?  Because, here's an idea: they're both spies!"

Jim- "Yer cusin erverone erf berin speres! [noises and mumbles] Shert urp!"
Summer- "I don't even talk to Boris."

Ultimately the judgement was:  Bank pay the court 50 FF, no wait, 150 FF, no wait, 1000 FF.  Sarah must pay 50 FF.

After the lunch trial, some peeps ventured off to survey the big acre, others worked on finishing their houses, others whispered in corners.
  Today we liked:

  • CTF!!!!!!!
  • the entire day
  • putting houses on land!!!!
  • starting businesses
  • is is is is 
  • thought of how to upgrade my land
  • giggle snort goggle giggle
  • FINISHING HOUSES!!!!!!
  • almost finishing houses!
  • great trial with the one peep judge/jury/executioner
  • nice weather
  • fun!
We wish:
  • we all finished houses!
  • for cookies and rainbows
  • the thumb didn't get weird
  • Is is is
  • ate the bagel for bacon
  • Zach didn't lose his eyes and need plastic surgery
  • Will would stop bugging me
  • I wasn't so hot
  • snort
  • I could block Jordan's view more (during CTF)
  • didn't make toe jam rock
  • some part of the acre were not in the tricky woods- it is hard to map
  • bacon-safepeeps- bacon
  • for more time on the day
  • to spend more time at the bank
  • every house is done by tomorrow
  • bacon
  • didn't have to go home
  • for more wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment