Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 9

 As with everyday this week everyone was everywhere.  We began with some very loud singing and a game of dead fish!  The FED made some announcements about today being citation day for fences and did some talking about the end goals of Village (the appraisals, mini fair and auction).

I was fortunate to accompany the acre peeps down to the land and got to see the hard work everyone has been doing to complete their fences on time.  There are many different styles- stone, straight wood, crossed wood, braided grass, combinations of these...
braided grass

cross sticks

straight sticks with branches across








































combo

Many yards together, the "woods" neighborhood

 Other homesteaders were busy putting their houses together, getting ready to go on the land.  We do not have any fully complete houses yet...but I am certain we will have several on day 10.

We also had another Red Fez to read.  This was a special election edition.  It is ripe with scandal.  This was printed up and distributed just as everyone sat down for meeting.


 At town meeting today all of the candidates gave speeches prior to the vote.  Boris started us off:  "I firmly believe this town needs laws that protect our properties.  Laws against trespassing and vandalism.  Town money is draining at astonishing rates- I'll fix this.   I will also provide infrastructure by building roads.  If our humans work together for just ten minutes we can stomp down the grass."
Questions:
"It says in the newspaper that Boris is a villain and is only interested in making things better for yourself."
"The newspaper has turned into a tabloid."- Boris
"The clerk has been weird about paying mint workers." -Jim
"We need a new clerk who is less into spending fish fingers."- Boris and Jim
"Where did all of the money go?"
"To the mint, I was the mint, but the clerk set the wages- he paid me and he fired me.  I will be giving a lot of the fish fingers back."- Boris
"I want some, I broke my leg."- Jim
"Would you help the town go better and less feasible?"- JohnB

Next up was Jim:  "Basically I will make laws that are beneficial to the town to help the economy.  Laws to protect the town from the FED.  I will host fundraisers."
"What will the tax rate be under your new plan?"
"I have no plan."- Jim.  Also heard by Jim, "It's not buying votes if there is no money involved."

G'lant decided to jump back into the race at the last second.  G'lant: "Just like Boris and Jim I will make property laws and a small tax on lumber.  My only wish is to get the money back"
"How can we trust you?  They way you lost the town's money?"
Arguing then broke out between G'lant and Boris, the moderator shut them down.

Red threw his feather into the running, "I am an excellent peep, I know a lot of things.  Vote Red, vote often!  Secret meetings for everyone!!!"

Gramma was next:  "I will try to make laws (long pause) like no trespassing and no stealing.  I will also take suggestions for other laws that are wanted.  I will help the town to agree and I will make cookies."
"What do you think of the tabloid running around?"
"Well, it could be inaccurate... well... rumors that shouldn't be spread."- Gramma
"What type of cookies?"
"Any type you ask for." -Gramma
"Have you noticed that every year something goes wrong with the mint or the bank?  And I've been sitting in the fabric box."
"How will you raise money?"
"Fundraisers with cookie sales, everyone will get one free cookie and the rest will go to the town fund."- Gramma
"What do you think of the FEDs having more money than the town and not sharing?"
Times up!

JohnB:  "I believe everyone has the right to speak their own mind.  I will make taxes, I mean laws against trespassing, stealing and bribery.  I will provide free cookies sometimes.  The rich peeps, I mean the super rich peeps will have to pay taxes."
Everyone looks at Boris, he says,"Everyone get a job, seriously!"
"JohnB, what would you consider super rich?"
"Peeps with over 2000FF."

Summer:  "I am running for select peep because I feel that I can take on the town of Fez with the help of two other select peeps.  You should vote for me because I'm awesome and good at making decisions.  I have a good attitude.  I will be very appreciative if you vote for me."

Here is a breakdown of the polls:
Boris 7
Gramma 4
JohnB 1
 Red  6
G'lant 2
Jim 20
Summer 16

 Boris, Jim and Summer are our new select peeps!

After meeting we had our second campfire:

Exploding pie skit with train and pony murder
more exploding pie
Epic mind battle between Tinkle Burger and Snazzfinger



Smooth sounds of Ewan
the not fire
slideshow of Zombie apocalypse
Zombie attack!










Smooth sounds of Katie
Enlargement machine
little brush goes in
big broom comes out!
Little Elizabeth goes in
big Elizabeth come out!
spit goes in, bucket of spit comes out!
 Today we liked:

  • CAMPFIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • missing Owen with the water, I was supposed to aim high!
  • spitting on Owen
  • finished cardboard model
  • participating in campfire
  • making progress
  • the enlargement machine
  • great day + skits
  • swimming
  • fence citations
  • seeing skits!!
    Owen wet his pants!
We wish:
  • for more campfire and more great sketches
  • to find my lumber order
  • for nothing
  • the weekend goes quick so we can have more camp
  • I got my cardboard model done today
  • for an angle jig
  • to put this leaf through the enlarger
  • for another great campfire next week
  • for mind battle III
  • the weather stays like this
  • to have an actual fire next week
  • for a great weekend!
  • for chocolate
  • go home youtube ASDF
  • I didn't wet my pants

No comments:

Post a Comment